Privacy Notice and GDPR Policy
Privacy Notice For Service Users
Creative Care (East Midlands) Ltd is a Residential Care Home and Supportive Living business. This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you, during the information gathering process known as an Assessment of Need. Topics covered are:
- What information do we collect about you?
- How do we use such information?
- Access to your information and correction
What information do we collect about you?
The nature of our service means that very personal and sensitive information is discussed, openly and honestly, in order to ensure we can meet your health and social care needs in ways that are unique to your individual circumstances. The specific type of information is required in order for us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations as a registered provider.
The Lawful Bases which we use are contained within the Data Protection Act 2018 and is/are
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Legal Obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
We may share information regarding your care with those who have a need to know, namely Health Professionals, such as GP’s, District Nurses, Hospitals etc., Local Authorities, includes departments such as Social Services, Housing, Day Centres etc. Any relevant person identified by you, such as an L.P.A., and our staff.
We will not share your information with anyone except those indicated above, unless required by law.
Personal information supplied to us is used in a number of ways, for example.
- To agree a Care Plan
- To review your care needs
- To monitor your medication
- To help us improve our services
How will we use this information?
Upon completion of your Assessment of Need, we compile a Care Plan which sets out tasks, aspirations and outcomes in order to meet all your identified needs and this is regularly reviewed and updated. This includes liaison with all those involved in your care such as family, your representative relevant health and social care colleagues and other professionals.
Access to your information and corrections
All files held in your name are available for your perusal and you can ask us to remove information which is inaccurate. Please email or write to us at (Insert contact details here). Where you use our website, cookies are text files which collect log on information and visitor behaviour information. Cookies track visitor use and compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser to accept or decline cookies. Please be aware that a decline preference may mean a loss of function in some of our website features.
For further information on cookies visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
To download a copy of our GDPR policy please click here.